Blog Post by Joe Babaian
This week I felt it would be a great opportunity to call out the best examples of leadership in healthcare that you have seen during 2021. Leadership can take many forms as we tackle this next, new normal.
- Sharing factual news and updates
- Working on the front, middle, and backlines to save lives
- Research & development for vaccines and/or therapeutics
- Adapting teaching to the new dynamics we face
- Tackling social issues from unemployment to mental health
- Working towards best implementations of public health research
- So many more…
These are just a few examples. One fear is that with our news cycle going super speed, we can lose some of the finer examples of leadership that matter: people and stories that we must not forget or ignore.
Let’s use our time together today to think about this and discuss.
Join us for the next #hcldr tweetchat on Tuesday, June 8th at 8:30pm EDT when we will be discussing:
T1 During the pandemic, who or what has stood out to you for having the greatest positive impact? Why?
T2 Please share an example of someone local that has had a positive impact on you/your family/your community.
T3 What types of leaders (industries) do you see being the most important going forward during this pandemic?
T4 How has leadership evolved as a result of this pandemic? Same players, or someone new?
Photo credit: Christopher Mance Public domain